Coersed into a Blog

My family have been bugging me for years to make a blog and sharing my thoughts. They enjoy my stories immensly and tell me I have an ability to 'connect with my readers'. So, here I am, to see if I can truly connect with my readers or bore them to death with my words. We will see.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mephitidae mephitis Chronicles- Part II

 


Installment #2
It has been a few weeks since I trapped skunk #1.  After a few sightings of the second skunk, I decide that my heart has finally recovered from the initial relocation and I begin the process of trapping the other skunk.  One night was all it took.  Actually, it was less than that- it was more like three hours.  Man, peanut butter and raspberry jam works like a charm.  I went outside after hearing the cage rattle and crinkle and sure enough, a skunk.  Huh.  It was 12:00 AM on Monday September 20th.  I will leave it until dawn and deal with it in the morning.  I lay in bed, tossing and turning.  I go through my morning routine for tomorrow; be to work for 8 AM, kids up, showers x 3, breakfast, lunches need to get made and packed....Okay, so clearly now is the most advantageous time to relocate the skunk. 
I grab my keys, put on a hoodie, off we go, me and my new skunk friend.  I am the transporter of skunks.  I am a skunk taxi of sorts, taking him to meet his lover after a two week separation.  I wonder if absence makes the heart grow fonder or is it absence makes the heart from fungus?  Huh.  Took me less than 10 minutes to get there, release him and get back home.  I felt good about it.  I think I am a skunk warrior now, can do this in my sleep.  I am elated that I have reunited the two skunks together again.  In fact, I can hear Peaches and Herb singing....Reunited and it feels so good, Reunited 'cause we understood, There's one perfect fit, And, sugar, this one is it, We both are so excited, 'Cause we're reunited, hey, hey’. 
Ah, relief.  Tomorrow I will head to Home Depot and get some chicken wire or wood or something to fill the holes.  I will get the holes all filled and barricade everything up now that I know the skunks are safe and happy in the woods, four lanes of 80 km/hr motorized vehicles traffic away.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment